Let It Slide, My Dear!

There are times when you have several thoughts on your mind. You would like to share it with someone and feel lighter. However, at the same time, you don’t want to spill the beans. It’s such a paradoxical situation. While you go to great lengths to keep your secrets from your dear ones, you end up letting the cat out of the bag with a total stranger. What prompts a person to make decisions like these? I wonder. Do people take comfort in the fact that strangers have no contacts with anyone in your known circles while disclosing their worries?

Have you been in a situation where you are desperate to get some help but at the same time, you want to be totally independent and manage all your matters on your own? At times like these, a person will ask for help but will not allow anyone to extend  help properly. They interfere and interrupt every step of the way. The end result is that frustrations run high for both parties.

Do I need to remind you of those times when you wanted to sink your teeth into your sinfully delicious junk food but instead ate a frugal meal? All the times you wished that burgers and pizzas were good for health. Or why it is that healthy food did not taste as good as junk food?

Life has some paradoxes here and there. One time or the other, we run into them. We have to deal with them whether we like it or not. I don’t have any pearls of wisdom to share for these distasteful moments. All I can share with you is what my Dad told me when I was a child, “Let it slide, my dear!”. Take a deep breath. Do the best you can and let the frustration slide.

11 Comments

1. robertcday says:

That’s really great advice. I think I’ll let the day slide now and just go to bed. Thank you. 🙂

Liked by 2 people

1. Hahaha 😀…I wish even I could just go back to bed and ignore somedays.

Liked by 1 person

1. robertcday says:

We all do. 😉

Liked by 1 person

2. Anonymous says:

Hello robertcday. You are right! I was going through one of those challenging days when I wrote this blog. Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.

Liked by 1 person

1. robertcday says:

Have you got out of bed now? 🙂
        Kindness – Robert.

Liked by 1 person

2. Yep, with sheer determination, if I may say so. No point in procrastinating right

Liked by 1 person

3. robertcday says:

Different icon here – are you the same person as Sharda/Aishwarya? I’m getting confused here! 😀

Liked by 1 person

4. Sharda wrote the post, she is my sister, and we both write for this blog.
        During the past few weeks, Sharda was indisposed, so I replied on her behalf. Sorry to confuse you there.

Liked by 1 person

5. robertcday says:

If I remember that your icon looks like a star and Sharda’s is red then I stand a chance of telling you apart. Wish me luck!

Liked by 2 people

2. Nalini Singh says:

Indeed an apt advice for one and all. Beautiful narration. Keep writing Sharda

Liked by 2 people

1. Sharda says:

Thank you Nalini for stopping by. Its very encouraging.